How to Uninstall Programs in Windows 10
In previous versions of Windows uninstalling programs was a headache that involved first finding the Control Panel and then the Add/Remove Programs tool. Now it’s a simple process.
- Type remove into the Start menu search bar
- Click the top option that appears for Add or remove programs
- Scroll down the list of installed programs to find the one you want to remove
- Click on the program, then click the Uninstall button that appears below it
- Confirm that you want to uninstall the app by clicking Uninstall in the pop-up
- Click Yes when User Account Control asks if you want the app to make changes to your device
- The program will then be uninstalled
Windows does a great job of removing programs, but sometimes it can be slow and traces can be left behind. In such cases it can be preferable to use a separate uninstaller utility.