Why You Should NOT Download QuickTime For Windows
QuickTime is a video player that is installed on millions of PCs and laptops. Apple stopped developing and supporting it on Windows two years ago.
This is bad from a security point of view as Trend Micro has already identified two flaws that will never be fixed and could be exploited by hackers.
So it’s crucial to check if any of your PCs or laptops have the software and uninstall it on those that do. Here’s how to do exactly that.
How to uninstall QuickTime
- Start typing ‘remove’ in the Start Menu Search bar
- Click the top entry for Add or remove programs
- Scroll down to and select QuickTime or use the search bar to quickly find it
- Click the Uninstall button below QuickTime
- Click Uninstall again in the pop-up that appears
- Click Yes to the UAC prompt about making changes to your PC
- QuickTime will be uninstalled
If you don’t have another program which can play .mov or .mp4 video files, we suggest installing VLC media player. It’s free and supports virtually every video format.
Download VLC for Windows.
Note: We may earn a commission when you buy through links on our site, at no extra cost to you. This doesn’t affect our editorial independence. Learn more.